Pictures of Adam's recent trip to Chania in Crete. He highly recommends a visit!
And these tasty jellies are pretty magical too! A very traditional treat which remind both Adam and his parents of their childhood. Adam brought a packet in for us to enjoy: one minute they were sitting on the kitchen table - the next - all gone! (Very magical!).
Beer, bowling and banter
With the Friday forecast set to be the hottest day of the year, we all packed up shop early and walked to the local bowling alley, where cool drinks welcomed us.
Split into teams we all had a go with plenty of banter and chips to spur us on!
Click on each picture below to view the full image
Dinner, drinks and dancing to finish the evening
Join us for the Bath Dragon Boat Race on 9 September
After a hugely successful Dragon Boat event last year - the Bath Dragon Boat Challenge is back bigger and even better for 2018!
Team SRA are boldly challenged to take up their paddles and race against the other dragons in the Bath dragon boat race across 200m course on 9 September!
- No experience!
- A sense of humour - this event is brilliant fun!
- The ability to eat lots of pizza (or similar!)
- Someone to keep an eagle eye on David, who tried to tip the boat last year!
- A kind heart and lots of friends - lots of fundraising required!
- In the crew: we need a minimum of 8 people to participate and ideally 12+ would be better to allow for changes in the team over the 3 heats.
- As a spectator: come and enjoy the atmosphere and cheer the team on.
- Fundraising: the event supports two local charities: Designability and The Mountain Way. SRA have paid the entry donation of £500. On top of this we need to raise as much money as possible with an additional £600 set as a minimum target by the organisers. Karen will set up a Just Giving page to help with our fundraising efforts.
Crew members - please sign-up
- You will receive an email shortly with more details. Please vote YES or NO to joining as a crew member.
Thank you to Lizzie and Matt who organised a fantastic send-off for Chris and Hilary at their STEN do.
STEN do challenge
This card is to be completed throughout the evening. Each successful task earns the points allocated in the brackets. The hen/stag with the most points at the end of the evening wins a cheeky prize!
A selection of images from the night
Larger images for impact!
- Print off this form and tick one box in each 'pot' (column) totalling 8 countries.
- Don’t worry, you don't require any particular knowledge of football! The seeding system should make sure you are still in with a chance to win!
- Ewan and Fred have volunteered to coordinate the sweepstake. Please give your completed form to one of them and your your entrance money of £2.
- Jonathan will do some work behind the scenes in setting up the spreadsheets and graphs to check progress.
SRA team day - Saturday 16 June 2018
The Bath Boules Week is a vibrant and fun pop up event in Queen Square, Bath 10-18 June 2018. It hosts activity each day which raise vital funds for local charities including dinners, parties, award ceremonies, talks and more! All culminating in the much-loved Bath Boules tournament weekend. Check out this video to get an in idea of what happens on the day!
Pop by for a bit (or a lot)
Come and join the SRA team on Saturday 16 June from 9.45am. Grab a drink from the SRA chill-box, have a go at throwing some Boules if you like, and enjoy the vibrant atmosphere.
NO PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED! :)
Please confirm if you are coming
Roberto and his girlfriend, Ana, recently went on a trip to Cuba.
Cuba (officially the Republic of Cuba) is a country comprising the island of Cuba as well as Isla de la Juventud and several minor archipelagos. It is the largest island in the Caribbean, with an area of 109,884 square kilometres (42,426 sq mi).